According to Mark Roemer Oakland, women must be very cautious while choosing dietary supplements. It will be best if you keep in mind that not every supplement is trustworthy. You can find many weight-loss supplements or energy boosters in the market with false promises, and they are very harmful. So, it will help if you are careful while making a choice.
Listed below are some of the best dietary supplements for women:
- Omega-3 DHA- Omega-3 DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) can help women have a healthy heart and brain. It is found in certain types of oily fish and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. According to some studies, it can increase your immunity and reduce the risks of death. Omega-3 DHA supplement is best for pregnant women as it improves fetal health.
- Protein- Every woman needs to have enough protein to lead a healthy life. Lack of protein in your diet can lead to hair loss, loss of muscle mass, weak immunity, etc. If you think you do not consume the correct quantity of protein every day, you can take it in the form of ready-to-drink shakes or protein powders.
- Folate- Folate is necessary for pregnant women or any women planning to be a mother. Apart from this, it also lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases, helps in treating Alzheimer’s disease, keeps depression and stresses away.
- Magnesium– You can find this nutrient in foods like oats, nuts, whole grains, and more. If you feel you lack magnesium in your diet, you must try taking a supplement. It helps pre-menopausal women fight cramps and therefore, is regarded as one of the best supplements for women. It is also very beneficial for athletes as it helps your bodies with muscle contractions.
- Calcium– Calcium is the most recommended supplement for older women as it plays a vital role in dealing with the issue of bone loss that is common in old age. It also helps to keep your muscles and nerves healthy. As per some studies, you must have at least 1000 milligrams of calcium every day, and for women above fifty years of age, 1200 milligrams of calcium regularly is a must.
- Vitamin D– Vitamin D is an essential supplement for women as it helps strengthen bones, and it is crucial for women who are prone to bone fractures. Apart from this, it also helps women in fighting seasonal depression.
Mark Roemer Oakland believes that it is essential for you to pay more attention to your diet and to check if it’s proper or not. Perhaps you are so busy that you don’t have enough time to include all the required nutrients in your diet. If that’s the case, you need to take dietary supplements to lead a healthy life. And for women, it is crucial to have a proper balance of nutrients. Every woman must make sure that they keep the supplements listed above in their diet.